Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Waiting for a Lifetime.

Waiting....

I love sandboxes, color crayons, a good story book and swingsets. Rocking babies is what I do best.

David loves pushing tractors across the floor, blocks, showing toddlers the farm and having staring contests with babies.

We both love waterparks, silly Disney movies and four wheelers.

There's popsicles in our freezer at all times.

Needless to say, we're kid people. Always have been, always will be.

I used to be the most in demand babysitter in my hometown. Parents loved me, kids loved me. My standing date in high school was Saturday night with a 3 year old, 2 year old and a baby. Life was good. To this day, bring me anyone's kids and I'm all for it. I'll never say no.

David is the Uncle that everyone wants to play with. He knows how to keep kids entertained and has an imagination as big as the sky. He also lets kids do things their Mothers wouldn't let them. He's the Uncle everyone said they'd get even with when he had kids of his own.

I'm the Aunt with the fun toys, cute craft projects. I'm the Aunt that lets kids crack eggs in the cookies when their own Mom doesn't. I'm also the Aunt that keeps Uncle David in line, making sure big kids and small kids alike behave (it's the teacher in me).

We both knew when we got married that we wanted a half a house full of kids. 3 maybe 4. Cute little blonde haired, blue eyed babies that would fill our lives with joy and wonderment. Kids. The reason we could now be kids ourselves and not look stupid doing it. Whatever God had in store for us was fine.

We didn't know this was what God had in store for us.

We've waited a lifetime for this.

Now we're waiting a lifetime for it to be over.

It's amazing how 4 months and 27 years can both take a lifetime to pass.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry in advance if this sounds trite or insensitive.

    Perhaps you and David were chosen by God because THIS baby needed someone like you, with all the love that you two have for children, because He needed very special parents to look after a very special child.

    I hope you find comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete